Friday, May 28, 2010

my first "commissioned" piece. lol.

haha. no biggie. this is a really sweet gift i made for a friend to give her sister for her graduation gift. i really enjoyed doing it. my friend had this embroidery growing up that her little sister always loved, so she wanted to do something similar, well, at least with the same little poem, which is very sweet. she gave me her idea, and i went with it. and they all loved it! a very sweet family, indeed.
this is what i was given:

and this is how it turned out:


i had so much fun doing this project, coming up with the design from what i was given. i think maybe that's what i'm good at. i can't really draw my own designs, but if you give me an idea, something to work with, i think it's really exciting to make something out of it! i'm hoping to do more things like this, and i have something in the works, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment